EQUIPMENT CHECKS AND SAFETY
Now companies can ensure their staff have the right qualifications, licences or training to use any piece of plant or equipment. We can enforce compliance on ignition based equipment by verifying safety checks, licences and insurance and immobilizing them if they don’t meet your safety standards. Or for any type of plant or equipment, from mowers and chainsaws, to building based plant checks or power tools, you can create a mobile device based safety process for users before they use the equipment, to show company policies, ‘how to use’ training or procedures and check user qualifications. And the employee doesn’t carry all the responsibility for safety, if something isn’t right, their supervisor or the company safety admin will be notified so you can act quickly before any issues arise.
ALL YOUR COMPANY EQUIPMENT CHECKED WHENEVER YOU NEED IT
Ensure your vehicles, plant or equipment is in good condition before use, and that your users are qualified and trained to do so, through the Safety Connect IT system. You set the frequency, the employees do the checks.
A Equipment detail page:
• Identifying each asset with Name, Serial Number & Image
B Licencing and training:
• Set licencing, training or qualifications required to operate the equipment.
C Site and Department Details:
– Induct people and equipment onto sites.
– Know which site your equipment is allocated to and for immobilized equipment, where it was used last (latitude and longitude).
– Allocate a Supervisor per each department
– Alerts are presented to that supervisor on major or minor equipment
D Safety Compliance Checks:
• Present documents to be checked for each piece of equipment.
• Customize your questions, company policies and procedures and determine the major, minor or nil risk associated with each issue.
• Set Frequencies on each document, daily / weekly / monthly / User
E Servicing & Assessment Schedule
• Upload copies of your servicing and risk assessments and set reminder dates for renewals.
F Warranty & Insurance Details
• Upload your insurance details for each piece of equipment and policy expiry reminders.
Create Checks related to the equipment.
- Select from a range of supplied questions related to your equipment type
- Customize your own questions
SET YOUR RISK APPETITE
- You set whether you would like a minor or major alert to be triggered by the safety check
Version Control management
- The platform will record and date versions so you know who read and signed off on what policy and when.
Equipment Checks overview
The Safety Connect IT System
Centralised management of company motorised assets for user verified, immobilisation-based safety compliance, checking and reporting.
Operator Licences & Training
The system will store and manage operators licences and training to confirm they are authorised to operate the equipment. If not they will be locked out.
Management & Reporting
Of all activities relating to operators and equipment in line with company established practices.
CONNECTING VEHICLES AND OPERATORS
QR Scanning connects the equipment, checks and operators together to ensure compliance.
QR code scan on equipment:
- Connection of equipment,
- Operator and equipment checks are supplied through the platform.
- If the operator is not licenced it will not start
- If the checks record a Minor event it is still operational and recorded
- If the checks record a Major event the equipment is locked.
- Supervisors are notified
SAFETY REMINDER ON THE SPOT
Induct all your employees on whatever piece of equipment you choose. Attach a simple QR code to your chainsaw, mower or any equipment, and once scanned it will run the staff member through a safety check procedure, information or simple training video or rules for use, which the employee acknowledges. A simple and quick safety reminder right at the point of use.
QUICK CHECK OF LICENCES, TICKETS OR TRAINING BEFORE USE.
If policy requires your employees to have a qualification to use equipment such as welders, hydraulic tools, power tools, walkie talkies or to erect scaffolding etc, or just for peace of mind, use the Safety Connect mobile app to connect to the equipment and quickly check the operators training and qualifications or run them through a refresher list. It will notify management if employees are using equipment they haven’t been trained on so you can ensure your employee training is up to date as their work evolves.
Safety is in your hands with Safety Connect IT
Making workplace safety simple and reliable by connecting people, sites and equipment with easy to use technology.